Everybody loves dessert, which is why having different desserts at your event is a great idea. However, trying to come up with desserts that everyone will love can be difficult. If you need inspiration just look all around you: on the TV, a local bakery, or other countries. You can even use old classics with your own little spin on them.
Dessert Ideas for Your Event
- Sorbet Chocolate Ganache (From Sweet Genius)
- A Willie Wonka Inspired Wonderland (From Top Chef)
- Ice Cream with unique flavors (From Chopped and Iron Chef)
- Sorbet or ices with fresh berries and cream (from Top Chef Finale)
Take your Cue from other Cultures
- Roulades (Hungary): Sponge cake or cake baked in a flat pan rolled around a filling such as jam, chocolate buttercream, nuts or other fillings.
- Brigadeiros (Brazil): A simple Bonbon made by mixing sweetened condensed milk, butter and cocoa powder together.
- Pavlova (Australia): A meringue cake that has a light and delicate crisp crust and a soft sweet marshmallow center.
- Sacher Torte (Austria): The cake consists of two layers of dense chocolate sponge cake with a thin layer of apricot jam in the middle, coated in dark chocolate icing on the top and sides.
- Chocolate Pots de creme (France): Pot de crème is made with eggs, egg yolks, cream, milk, and a flavor, often vanilla or chocolate.
- Profiteroles au chocolat (France): A choux pastry ball filled with whipped cream, pastry cream, or ice cream.
- Blancmange (Europe with Middle Eastern Influence): A sweet dessert commonly made with milk or cream and sugar thickened with gelatin, cornstarch or Irish moss, and often flavored with almonds.
Holidays and Special Occasions:
- Baked Alaska: a dessert of ice cream on a slice of cake, covered with meringue and browned quickly in a hot oven.
- Buche de Noel: Buche de Noel is the French name for a Christmas cake shaped like a log.
- French Pastry
- Sweet Tables (e.g. Italian weddings)
Elevate traditional favorites and give them a special flair:
- Ice Cream Cake
- Cherry Turnovers
- Banana Splits
- Apple Pie and Ice Cream
- Angel Food Cake with Fresh Berries and Ice Cream
There are so many other possibilities out there, you just have to look. Looking for new fresh ideas may seem like hard work and it can get frustrating, but in the end when everyone is talking about the great dessert you served at your party, it will make all your hard work and frustration worth it. So get out there and look around, great desserts are just waiting to be found.
Now that you have some ideas and know that you can always get inspiration from anywhere, call Silver Spoon Caterers today. Silver Spoon Caterers can help you create not only a great dessert menu, they can help create a wonderful food menu as well. So call today and have the most memorable event ever with great desserts that everyone is sure to enjoy.